Thursday, August 29, 2013

import genericWelcome.*;

HelloWorld
Hello, World!
     My name is Steven, and I am beginning my fourth year of study in the field of Computer Science. I am currently lucky enough to be attending San Jose State University, right in the heart of Silicon Valley, so hopefully I will be able to find a lot of interesting things to write about.

     At the moment I work part-time for the Almaden Valley Youth Soccer League. I am an official United States Soccer Federation licensed referee and generally work in groups of three to help supervise games, making sure everyone follows the rules and stays safe on the field. This means that I work with different referees every game, allowing me to meet a wide variety of individuals and forcing me to adapt to each of their working styles.

     In this blog you will find my thoughts on a wide variety of technology-related topics as well as a few personal reviews of useful websites and gadgets that fellow programmers could find useful. I hope to provide both insightful articles for those that are well-versed coders and explanations for those who might be new to the field.

     I first learned how to code in my senior year of high school, from a friend who was trying to create a simple calculator in java. I was captivated by the logic required to get things to work properly and became addicted to the euphoria that I experience every time a problem is solved. To this day, I still thoroughly enjoy challenging assignments and I make an effort to go to "hackathon" events and coding talks to hone my skills. Although I am most comfortable in working in java, I plan to improve my skills in C and python this year and have experience in a myriad of languages by the time I graduate with my first degree.

     Well, that's enough about me, I would like to welcome everyone to my blog! Enjoy your visit, feel free to comment, and return often!


No comments :

Post a Comment